A new Norlake scientific refrigerator line with easily maintained stainless steel interiors and exteriors, microprocessor temperature control in selectable Centigrade (2⁰ to 10⁰) or Fahrenheit (35.6⁰ to 50⁰), continuous product temperature display, and capacities of 23, 49 and 70 cubic feet is now available from Tovatech. A companion scientific freezer series also in 1, 2 and 3 door configurations provides storage from -13⁰ to -30⁰C (-8.6⁰ to -22⁰F).
The Nor-Lake Grand™ Series of solid-door refrigerators and freezers provide enhanced content protection with visual and audible Hi/Lo temperature alarms that activate when internal temperatures fall outside set parameters. Additional content protection is provided by self-closing doors (with a 90⁰ stay-open feature), open door alarms that activate after 30 seconds, and magnetic door gaskets.
A further refinement on the Energy Star listed auto-defrost Grand Series is a condenser cleaning reminder alarm. For optimum performance periodic cleaning of the condenser coil aids the heat transfer of the refrigeration system and increases its efficiency. While operations manuals recommend condenser cleaning a minimum of every 6 months people sometimes forget. The alarm serves as a reminder.
Electronic Control Settings for All Refrigeration Functions
Electronic touch control settings for the Grand Series scientific refrigerators and freezers allow operators to:
- Set temperature in Centigrade or Fahrenheit
- Initiate or stop a rapid freeze (freezer only) for a 2 hour compressor run
- Adjust the auto defrost frequency from the preset 6 hour (freezer) and 12 hour (refrigerator) cycle
- Initiate a forced defrost
Full instructions on setting up and caring for these scientific refrigerators and freezers are contained in the operations manual.
Other Features of the Grand Series Scientific Refrigerators and Freezers
- Switch activated on-off power so you don’t have to “pull the plug”
- Door switch activated interior lighting aids content identification
- Casters (both free and locking) for mobility when needed
- Door frame heating wires to eliminate condensate
- 4 vinyl coated wire shelves per door
- Door locks for content protection
Contact the refrigeration specialists at Tovatech for more information on the Grand Series of solid door refrigerators and freezers or for answers to your questions on selecting units that meet your specific requirements.