One of the most crucial aspects of storing vaccines, biological samples and other temperature-critical products is establishing and maintaining a temperature monitoring, recording and archiving system for laboratory refrigerators and laboratory freezers. For vaccine storage alone, as an example, temperature excursions above or below recommended ranges can result in substantial financial costs due to loss of potency, and inconvenience due to re-vaccination.
Local and remote alarming systems can be used to signal temperature excursions beyond set parameters. Ideally the lab or healthcare facility will have procedures in place to protect temperature sensitive products in such an event.
Twice-daily manual temperature logs and automated chart recorders provide traditional paper trails to help satisfy regulatory requirements for record keeping. Both suffer from two problems: human error (forgot to log the temperature or change the chart paper) and archiving (where to store the paperwork).
The iLab 600 Temperature Monitoring System
While the CDC continues to recommend twice daily temperature logging for reasons that include storage, housekeeping and inventory control, the related paper trail, archiving and data retrieval issues are vastly simplified with the iLab 600 Temperature Monitoring System. Simple, secure, flexible and low cost, it allows you to acquire, remotely store and instantly retrieve regulatory compliant data reporting on the performance of your lab freezers and lab refrigerators no matter what storage temperature is specified.
What the iLab Temperature Monitoring System Offers
- Setup was never simpler. Put the temperature probe into your unit and attach it to the outside-mounted temperature pod connected to your LAN. No local server or software required.
- Control was never more flexible. Set monitoring frequencies and parameters for local and remote alarming.
- Alarming notification was never more reliable. Establish a rank list of personnel to be notified in case of an unacceptable temperature excursion during off hours. Alerts are sent by email, text, phone or pager. The individual responding cancels down-line notifications.
- Record accessibility was never easier. Your password brings you regulatory compliant performance reports from a secure, tamper-proof offsite storage facility managed by Rackspace, the world leader in online hosting.
- Costs were never more attractive. The iLab 600 temperature monitoring system costs less than a temperature chart recorder and includes a one year 24/7 secure access to your data. Annual renewal costs are minimal.
Why You Should Install the iLab 600 Temperature Monitoring System
If the above benefits have not convinced you of the benefits of the iLab 600 temperature monitoring system maybe you should think about the cost of buying and operating temperature chart recorders, the reliability of staff making and storing twice-daily temperature logs and the time it takes to find and prepare regulatory compliant reports.
And don’t forget the alarm notification system – onsite alarms plus offsite email, phone, text or pager to your company’s response team.
Contact the lab refrigerator and lab refrigerator specialists and Tovatech for further information on record-keeping options to meet compliance regulations.