Uniform sonication, or perfect sound field distribution, a desirable feature for ultrasonic cleaners used in analytical and medical laboratories as well as other professional settings, is achieved in the multi-functional Elmasonic P30SE available from Tovatech. Uniform sonication assures users that instruments and lab samples in flasks or beakers receive “equal treatment” regardless of their position in the tank.
The Secret to Uniform Sonication
Elma researchers determined that the key impediment to uniform sonication is interference due to the tank drain duct found on most benchtop ultrasonic cleaners. This was visually demonstrated in a drain-equipped unit: cavitation in a beaker suspended on the drain side of the tank was not nearly as vigorous as in the beaker on the opposite side. Based on this the 0.75 gallon P30SE has no drain and demonstrates homogeneous sonication.*
A Highly Versatile Lab Ultrasonic Cleaner
The dual range 37/80 kHz frequency Elma P30SE allows users to select the lower frequency for more vigorous cleaning, mixing, dissolving and degassing tasks. Select 80 kHz for cleaning delicate capillaries, highly finished surfaces or for longer cleaning cycles. The unit allows users to program an automatic 30-second frequency switch-over for simultaneous coarse and fine cleaning.
Other Useful Features and Benefits
Housed in an attractive, easily cleaned stainless steel case, the Elma P30SE offers these additional user-activated features allowing researchers to customize sample prep and cleaning processes:
- Time and temperature settings with “set” and “actual” shown on the LED display
- A normal mode for mixing, dissolving and dispersing
- A pulse mode for intermittent high-intensity bursts to remove stubborn deposits
- A sweep mode for uniform distribution of cavitation action throughout the tank. (Note that Sweep enhances top-to-bottom uniformity of cavitation in the tank; eliminating the drain enhances side-to-side uniform sonication.)
- A degas mode to remove air from new solutions, HPLC samples and solvents
- Adjustable ultrasonic power to match to sensitive surfaces
- A pause function to examine or remove bath contents
- Auto-start to initiate uniform sonication when the set bath temperature is reached
- An automatic switch-off after 12 hours of continuous operation or if the bath reaches 90⁰C (194⁰F)
These and other features are accessed and activated via the comprehensive control panel on the P series of ultrasonic cleaners. Set and actual parameters are shown on the control panel digital display.
The P30SE Control panel showing actual and set parameters: Frequency and power on the left, set and actual time and temperature to the right, on-off for degas, sweep and pulse; time dial, selector for frequency and power, run and pause, on and off, and temperature dial.
Contact Tovatech for More Information About the P30SE
Contact the ultrasonic cleaning professionals at Tovatech for more details on the P30SE ultrasonic cleaner and for answers to your questions on ultrasonic cleaning equipment and cleaning solutions.
*This feature is not available on larger capacity cleaners.